Bridgestone are world renowned in the motoring industry for their high standard of tyres. Bridgestone tyres offer a smooth and safe ride as well as good mileage for all types of cars, vans and 4x4 vehicles. Founded in Japan in 1931, Bridgestone has been manufacturing tyres since 1930, growing into one of the world’s largest corporations. Taking over plants from Firestone Tyre and Rubber in 1983, the company continued to buy more and more plants, transforming Bridgestone into a global tyre company by 1988. What began in Japan has spread and Bridgestone tyres now reach over 150 nations worldwide employing over 130,000 people.
Find the right Bridgestone tyres for your vehicle here:
Redefine the limits of power and control with the all-new Potenza S001. Formula 1™ precision meets superior traction and quick-fire response in Bridgestone's latest ultra-high performance tyre. Designed and built from motorsport's toughest arena, the Potenza S001 unleashes the full potential of your high-performance vehicle without giving an inch in comfort or safety. The road is yours once more with Bridgestone.
- High grip pattern for maximum control & precision handling
- Bridgestone premium wet technology for superior traction and safety in wet weather
- Light belt construction for reduced weight and lower rolling resistance
Providing superior driving precision, the Potenza RE002 is an ideal summer tyre for dynamic drivers. This tyre offers the ultimate in driving pleasure thanks to its sporty handling and superb gripping capabilities. Constructed with a unique asymmetric tread design, the Potenza RE002 provides enhanced control on the road.
- A wide, offset rib and wave shaped tread centre block create a large tyre footprint which provides increased contact with the surface of the road. This results in high levels of stability at fast speeds and superior steering precision.
- The Potenza RE002 offers enhanced levels of grip, even when cornering thanks to an innovative 3D connection between shoulder and rib. This supresses block deformation and increases overall block stiffness, enabling the tyre to firmly grip the road.
- New technology featuring a wide and pulse groove design provides enhanced resistance against aquaplaning. This pattern works to rapidly disperse water from the tyre footprint and effectively push it away from the underneath of the tyre.
The perfect tyre for the sporty, demanding driver in wet and dry conditions. Suitable for a wide range of models, from super sports cars such as the Enzo Ferrari, to popular models like the new Golf. It offers high performance with a good level of comfort and low noise. In certain sizes it is available as a runflat.
- State of the art driving precision from Formula One technology
- Response and control beyond your dreams
- Superb wet grip provides ultimate safety
Designed to deliver high standards of safety, comfort and efficiency, the Turanza T001 is a superior tyre taken from Bridgestone’s touring range. This tyre was labelled ‘very recommendable’ by ADAC and ‘highly recommended’ by Auto Zeitung in 2015.
- High stiffness blocks positioned on the shoulder of the tyre provide stability as tyre deformation is reduced. This means that braking distances are shorter and handling is enhanced.
- This tyre offers superior resistance against aquaplaning thanks to wide evacuation grooves situated across the tyre which rapidly remove water from the surface of the tyre.
- Due to its optimised shape and specialist groove that reduces noise pollution, the Turanza T001 offers low noise emissions and a comfortable drive.
Complete control and quiet comfort
This is Bridgestone's premium touring tyre, designed to complement the engine power and ride comfort of luxury and mid-range touring models.
Top-quality handling on wet and dry.
- Inside area of the tread pattern is specially designed to enhance wet grip.
- Outstanding straight-line stability at higher speeds.
- Silky smooth and extremely quiet ride.
- Runflat version available in certain sizes.
Refined and quiet comfort
- Extremely smooth and comfortable ride, due to the shock-absorbing carcass construction
- Low noise output at all speeds is optimised by the advanced pattern design
Approved for: Audi A4, BMW 1-series, Mercedes-Benz A-class, Opel/Vauxhall Astra, Seat Altea and Leon/Toledo, VW Passat.
The Ecopia EP150 provides a safe and comfortable ride and as part of Bridgestone’s more environmentally friendly Ecopia range, this tyre also offers a more fuel efficient performance. Due to its light weight construction and the use of Nano Pro Technology, which controls the reaction between compound elements, the Ecopia EP150 provides enhanced rolling resistance and this results in high levels of efficiency.
- Designed with high angle lug grooves, the Ecopia EP150 offers enhanced levels of grip and increased resistance against aquaplaning
- A solid circumferential rib design enables the tyre to maintain its contact with the surface of the road and this provides superior handling and enhanced steering precision.
- The Ecopia EP150 offers a quiet ride thanks to its convex block design which lowers air volume velocity, resulting in lower noise emissions.
The Bridgestone Ecopia range offers an eco-friendly performance, better fuel efficiency and safety due to its commitment to lower rolling resistance without sacrificing braking performance. The Ecopia EP500 benefits from this ethos, offering an economical performance with superior wet control.
- Constructed with an innovative rubber compound, the Ecopia EP500 offers great gripping capabilities on wet and dry surfaces, and was awarded a ‘B’ grade for wet grip by the EU Tyre Label.
- Extended tyre blocks provide improved handling and braking stability.
- Thanks to its long wearing tread design, the Ecopia EP500 offers resistance to daily wear and tear and provides a long tyre life.
- A good balance for comfort and stability.
- A good balance for quietness and aquaplaning.
- A good balance for performance and mileage.
Originally designed for the Opel Astra and Renault Modus, the B250 has been chosen by leading car manufacturers for their latest models, including: Fiat Punto, Mercedes-Benz B-Class, Opel Astra, Renault Clio & Modus, Toyota Yaris.
Currently the size availability of this popular tyre is being expanded.
Weather Control A001
The Weather Control A001 is a superior all season tyre which offers excellent gripping capabilities and increased resistance against aquaplaning. Constructed with an innovative all-weather compound, this tyre is reactive to changing weather conditions and can therefore ensure high performance all year round.
- High grip sipes provide enhanced levels of grip, especially in ice and snow as they bite and retain contact with the surface of the road.
- The Weather Control A001 offers enhanced resistance against aquaplaning due to specially designed lens shaped blocks, which work to rapidly remove water from the tyre.
- This tyre also offers reduced noise.
The Dueler H/P Sport
The Dueler H/P Sport (Highway/Performance) - Designed for high powered luxury 4x4's and SUV's
- Driving Precision for sporty SUV's
- Industry leading wet performance and comfort
- Aggressive, rugged design. Asymmetric tread pattern on larger rim sizes.
Dueler Highway/Terrain 689
All-weather on-road performance
The H/T 689 (and H/T 682 available only in S-speed rating) is a popular 4X4 tyre which enjoys a wide range of original equipment approvals.
This success is due to its refined and well balanced highway-orientated performance.
- Well-balanced driving performance
- Small block and all-season tread pattern gives outstanding grip in all weather
- Quiet, comfortable ride.
Dueler All / Terrain 694
Rugged and stylish all-terrain tyre, with outstanding on-road performance
Bridgestone has designed the Dueler A/T 694 to meet the growing demand from urban drivers for rugged, all-terrain patterns. This new tyre keeps the capability and appeal of an aggressive all-terrain look, while providing outstanding on-road performance – especially in the wet.
Better wet grip
Applied for the first time on a Bridgestone 4X4 tyre, the Dueler A/T 694 incorporates 'Shark Skin' technology that reduces flow resistance on the groove walls, improving drainage away from the blocks and reducing hydroplaning
More edge effect on wet and snow
High-density siping provides more edges to bite into wet and snow. 3D Z-shaped sipes, which increase in length as the tread block wears, maintain this bite to give consistent grip throughout tyre life.
Aggressive, chunky 4x4 look
- Robust, all-terrain tread pattern
- Attractive sidewall design
- M+S marking with white lettering on some sizes
Higher wear resistance
The tread blocks are shaped to equalise contact pressure distribution, thus raising overall performance and reducing wear rate.
Dueler Mud / Terrain 673
Great traction in all off-road conditions
Four-wheel enthusiasts like the Dueler M/T 673 for its outstanding performance in all off-road conditions.
Drivers also appreciate the significant improvements that Bridgestone's technology has brought to this tyre's on-road handling.
- Extremely tough and durable tyre
- Exceptional traction and flotation in all off-road conditions
- Self-cleaning tread pattern on mud and dirt
- Excellent dry/wet handling and comfort
- Aggressive tread pattern and sidewall design
Engineered to offer superior value long term, the Duravis R660 delievers long tyre life, enhanced safety and improved fuel efficiency. Designed for large and medium sized commercial vehicles, the Duravis R660 provides a safe and cost effective performance in all summer conditions.
- The Duravis R660 has been optimised to offer an increased tyre life thanks to its extra-durable construction and rugged design. This helps the tyre to resist daily wear and tear, resulting in durability and enhanced life.
- Built with an ‘S’ shaped tread design, this tyre offers improved fuel consumption.
- Thanks to its engineered rib pattern design, this tyre can offer enhanced safety in wet conditions. The tread design rapidly disperses water away from the surface of the tyre to reduce the risk of aquaplaning.
Durable and high-mileage. Handles like a car tyre.
- Duravis is durable. These new tyres are tough, designed to stand up to daily deliveries and heavy use, while the jointless cap layer construction provides durability at highway speeds.
- Longer wear life. Tests show that Duravis provides longer wear life than other leading tyres. New C.S.C. tread-block technology and a specially optimised tread pattern reduce irregular wear and provide exceptionally high mileage.
- Handling like a car. Specially designed with an advanced tread block design, Duravis handles like a car tyre. It gives modern vans a smooth, comfortable, quiet ride - whether manoeuvring on city streets or cruising on motorways.
- Top performance in the wet. Drivers will notice the difference on wet and greasy surfaces, where Duravis provides better grip, safer cornering and less risk of aquaplaning.
Duravis R630 - Economical and durable. Safer Wet handling
The Duravis R630 brings improved economy, safety and durability to commercial vans and light trucks. The Super LL Carbon compound helps extend tyre life up to 30% longer than conventional tyres and the advanced tread design provides outstanding wet handling. Additional technologies give the tyre rugged, durable performance for intensive commercial use.
Bridgestone Tyres offer three ranges of tyres for cars. Bridgestone Potenza tyres are sports tyres for high performance cars. Bridgestone Turanza tyres are top quality tyres for luxury and middle range cars whilst Bridgestone's B-Series offer reliability and safety for smaller hatchbacks and saloon cars.
For technical information on Bridgestone please visit the manufacturer's website:-
Merityre offer extremely competitive prices across a range of different tyre sizes, so contact your nearest fitting centre to check our latest tyre deals. It is possible on some cars to fit a different tyre brand from the tyres that are currently on the car so it's worth investigating your options by speaking to our tyre specialists although some car manufacturers may recommend using the same brand of tyres that originally came on the vehicle as they may have worked with a specific tyre manufacturer to develop a tyre that can improve the car's performance.