Bridgestone are world renowned in the motoring industry for their high standard of tyres. Bridgestone tyres offer a smooth and safe ride as well as good mileage for all types of cars, vans and 4x4 vehicles. Founded in Japan in 1931, Bridgestone has been manufacturing tyres since 1930, growing into one of the world’s largest corporations. Taking over plants from Firestone Tyre and Rubber in 1983, the company continued to buy more and more plants, transforming Bridgestone into a global tyre company by 1988. What began in Japan has spread and Bridgestone tyres now reach over 150 nations worldwide employing over 130,000 people.
Find the right Bridgestone tyres for your vehicle here:
The Bridgestone DriveGuard Summer enables motorists to maintain control and continue driving following a puncture. Designed for any car already fitted with TPMS, this tyre is constructed with tough, supportive tyre sidewalls which enable drivers to continue safely for up to 50 miles following tyre damage.
- Specially designed tread pattern rapidly removes water for high aquaplaning resistance
- Excellent cornering performance thanks to specialist shoulder blocks that optimally distribute pressure
- High level of comfort and performance
The Potenza S001 is a high performance summer tyre which offers enhanced steering precision and excellent cornering abilities. Constructed with an off-centre straight rib, this tyre is optimised to provide excellent road stability resulting in remarkable steering precision for an exciting sports-style drive. In addition, a wide groove design enables the Potenza S001 to evacuate water away from the tyre tread for excellent resistance against aquaplaning.
- Specialist active insert increases longitudinal stiffness for superior braking and handling performance
- Excellent cornering performance thanks to its high grip shoulder blocks
- Lightweight construction provides reduced rolling resistance for higher fuel efficiency
Designed to provide precise steering and control, the Potenza RE002 is an excellent tyre choice for dynamic drivers who expect high sports performance. Constructed with high grip shoulder blocks and a 3D connection between shoulder and rib, this tyre is optimised to suppress block deformation enabling it to retain shape for more direct handling and superior cornering grip.
- High levels of stability at speed due to its specialist solid contact centre rib
- Reactive to steering for exciting sport style handling
- In-groove deflector works to channel water away for good aquaplaning resistance
Providing excellent high speed performance and maximum cornering grip, the Potenza S007 is optimised for sport style driving. Designed with a specialist tread pattern featuring rigid blocks, the Potenza S007 optimally grips the surface of the road for superior dry grip and excellent steering response.
- Optimal carcass construction delivers exceptional cornering performance
- High speed performance
- Outstanding steering response
Turanza T001 Evo
Designed to deliver the highest standards of safety, comfort and efficiency, the Turanza T001 Evo is a superior summer touring tyre. Constructed with high stiffness shoulder blocks, this tyre retains latitudinal and longitudinal stiffness for maximum braking force and excellent handling. In addition, a specialist Nano Pro Technology compound improves rolling resistance for a more efficient drive.
- Wide water evacuation grooves deliver excellent resistance against aquaplaning
- Flat contact profile optimally distributes pressure for even wear resulting in long tyre life
- Low noise emissions
The Turanza T001 is a superior tyre taken from Bridgestone’s touring range and is optimised for enhanced safety and comfort. This tyre offers superior resistance against aquaplaning thanks to wide evacuation grooves situated across the tyre which rapidly remove water from the surface of the tyre. The Turanza T001 was labelled ‘very recommendable’ by ADAC in 2015.
- Short braking distances thanks to high stiffness blocks
- Optimised for high driving comfort
- Low noise emissions
Constructed to deliver a more fuel efficient performance, the Ecopia EP150 also provides a safe and comfortable drive. Thanks to its lightweight construction and Bridgestone’s innovative Nano Pro Technology, the Ecopia EP150 works to lower rolling resistance to conserve energy and therefore reduce fuel consumptions and emissions. This tyre is also optimised for a safe braking performance due to specialist rib-linked centre blocks which enable more even contact pressure distribution.
- High angle lug grooves work to deliver excellent resistance against aquaplaning
- Increased block stiffness provides better handling performance
- Convex block design reduces air volume velocity for low tyre noise
The Ecopia EP500 delivers an eco-friendly performance, better fuel efficiency and higher levels of safety due to its commitment to lower rolling resistance without sacrificing braking performance. Awarded a ‘B’ for ‘Wet Grip’ by the EU Tyre Label, this tyre also delivers a safe performance in wet weather conditions.
- Innovative rubber compound offers great gripping capabilities on wet and dry surfaces
- Extended tyre blocks provide improved handling and braking stability
- Long wearing tread design resists daily wear and tear to deliver long tyre life
Designed for general use, the B250 delivers a perfect combination of comfort and stability for all-round performance. Thanks to its specialist tread pattern featuring large grooves the B250 offers excellent traction on wet roads. This tyre is ideal for a wide variety of compact vehicles.
- Resistance against aquaplaning
- High mileage
- Low noise levels
Weather Control A001
The Weather Control A001 is a superior all season tyre which offers excellent gripping capabilities and increased resistance against aquaplaning. Constructed with an innovative all-weather compound, this tyre is reactive to changing weather conditions and ensures high performance all year round.
- High grip sipes bite the surface of the road for excellent grip especially in ice and snow
- Optimal lens shaped blocks rapidly evacuate water for enhanced aquaplaning resistance
- Low noise levels
The Dueler H/P Sport
The Dueler H/P Sport (Highway/Performance) - Designed for high powered luxury 4x4s and SUVs
- Driving Precision for sporty SUVs
- Industry leading wet performance and comfort
- Aggressive, rugged design. Asymmetric tread pattern on larger rim sizes.
Dueler Highway/Terrain 689
All-weather on-road performance
The H/T 689 (and H/T 682 available only in S-speed rating) is a popular 4x4 tyre which enjoys a wide range of original equipment approvals.
This success is due to its refined and well balanced highway-orientated performance.
- Well-balanced driving performance
- Small block and all-season tread pattern gives outstanding grip in all weather
- Quiet, comfortable ride.
Dueler All / Terrain 694
Rugged and stylish all-terrain tyre, with outstanding on-road performance
Bridgestone has designed the Dueler A/T 694 to meet the growing demand from urban drivers for rugged, all-terrain patterns. This new tyre keeps the capability and appeal of an aggressive all-terrain look, while providing outstanding on-road performance – especially in the wet.
Better wet grip
Applied for the first time on a Bridgestone 4x4 tyre, the Dueler A/T 694 incorporates 'Shark Skin' technology that reduces flow resistance on the groove walls, improving drainage away from the blocks and reducing hydroplaning
More edge effect on wet and snow
High-density siping provides more edges to bite into wet and snow. 3D Z-shaped sipes, which increase in length as the tread block wears, maintain this bite to give consistent grip throughout tyre life.
Aggressive, chunky 4x4 look
- Robust, all-terrain tread pattern
- Attractive sidewall design
- M+S marking with white lettering on some sizes
Higher wear resistance
The tread blocks are shaped to equalise contact pressure distribution, thus raising overall performance and reducing wear rate.
Dueler Mud / Terrain 673
Great traction in all off-road conditions
Four-wheel enthusiasts like the Dueler M/T 673 for its outstanding performance in all off-road conditions.
Drivers also appreciate the significant improvements that Bridgestone's technology has brought to this tyre's on-road handling.
- Extremely tough and durable tyre
- Exceptional traction and flotation in all off-road conditions
- Self-cleaning tread pattern on mud and dirt
- Excellent dry/wet handling and comfort
- Aggressive tread pattern and sidewall design
Engineered to offer superior value long term, the Duravis R660 delivers long tyre life, enhanced safety and improved fuel efficiency. Designed for large and medium sized commercial vehicles, the Duravis R660 provides a safe and cost effective performance in all summer conditions.
- The Duravis R660 has been optimised to offer an increased tyre life thanks to its extra-durable construction and rugged design. This helps the tyre to resist daily wear and tear, resulting in durability and enhanced life.
- Built with an ‘S’ shaped tread design, this tyre offers improved fuel consumption.
- Thanks to its engineered rib pattern design, this tyre can offer enhanced safety in wet conditions. The tread design rapidly disperses water away from the surface of the tyre to reduce the risk of aquaplaning.
Durable and high-mileage. Handles like a car tyre.
- Duravis is durable. These new tyres are tough, designed to stand up to daily deliveries and heavy use, while the jointless cap layer construction provides durability at highway speeds.
- Longer wear life. Tests show that Duravis provides longer wear life than other leading tyres. New C.S.C. tread-block technology and a specially optimised tread pattern reduce irregular wear and provide exceptionally high mileage.
- Handling like a car. Specially designed with an advanced tread block design, Duravis handles like a car tyre. It gives modern vans a smooth, comfortable, quiet ride - whether manoeuvring on city streets or cruising on motorways.
- Top performance in the wet. Drivers will notice the difference on wet and greasy surfaces, where Duravis provides better grip, safer cornering and less risk of aquaplaning.
Duravis R630 - Economical and durable. Safer Wet handling
The Duravis R630 brings improved economy, safety and durability to commercial vans and light trucks. The Super LL Carbon compound helps extend tyre life up to 30% longer than conventional tyres and the advanced tread design provides outstanding wet handling. Additional technologies give the tyre rugged, durable performance for intensive commercial use.
Bridgestone Tyres offer three ranges of tyres for cars. Bridgestone Potenza tyres are sports tyres for high performance cars. Bridgestone Turanza tyres are top quality tyres for luxury and middle range cars whilst Bridgestone's B-Series offer reliability and safety for smaller hatchbacks and saloon cars.
For technical information on Bridgestone please visit the manufacturer's website:-
Merityre offer extremely competitive prices across a range of different tyre sizes, so contact your nearest fitting centre to check our latest tyre deals. It is possible on some cars to fit a different tyre brand from the tyres that are currently on the car so it's worth investigating your options by speaking to our tyre specialists although some car manufacturers may recommend using the same brand of tyres that originally came on the vehicle as they may have worked with a specific tyre manufacturer to develop a tyre that can improve the car's performance.