Buy Tyres Online and find the best deals!
Tyre Safety Month
22nd October 2015
This October it is Tyre Safety Month which is a campaign from Tyre Safe designed to raise awareness of tyre safety. It is important that you get your tyres checked frequently so, if you don’t already, now is the perfect time to get in to the habit.
Many drivers underestimate the importance of tyre safety and don’t realise that getting their tyres checked can be a crucial factor that may prevent an accident on the road.
Why Should I Get My Tyres Checked?
Ensuring that your tyres meet safety standards is a quick and easy job, which can be done for free at your local Merityre branch. Here are the main reasons why getting your tyres checked regularly is so important:
- 80,000 reported road accidents between April 2013 and March 2015 were due to unsafe tyres*.
- Low tread depth will dramatically affect your braking, steering and gripping capabilities.
- Driving with a tread depth lower than the legal minimum 1.6mm means that you are breaking the law. This could result in three points on your licence and a fine of up to £2,500 per tyre.
- Incorrectly inflated tyres are more prone to damage and could lead to punctures, excessive tread wear and tyre blow outs.
- External tyre damage that is not caught in time could result in a serious accident as this may affect they internal structure on the tyre.
Free Tyre Checks at Merityre Specialists
Merityre Specialists offer free tyre checks at all branches, so make sure you get yours checked frequently and ensure that your tyres are safe and legal to drive on.
During our free tyre checks our team of tyre specialists will inspect the following areas:
- Tread Depth – Tyre tread naturally wears over the life of the tyre, but it is important to replace your tyres before the tread gets too low. Low tread depth affects handling and means that your tyres will not perform to their full potential. Merityre specialists will ensure that your tyres meet legal requirements and are are safe enough to drive on.
- Tyre Pressure – Driving on tyres with incorrect pressures can be dangerous, which is why Merityre Specialists will check that they are filled to the correct pressure for your vehicle. If they are not, our team of experts will advise you on the suitable pressure/fill your tyres to the suitable pressure**.
- Tyre Condition – The condition of your tyres will be checked to ensure that there is no damage which could lead to accidents. This will help to maintain your tyres throughout their service life
Merityre Specialists will advise you if any serious issues are found with your tyres and will not undertake any repairs or replacements without first consulting you.
For your free tyre safety check make an appointment at your local Merityre Specialists branch today.